(Evergreen Magnolia) A bold evergreen magnolia with eye-catching summer flowers once established, Magnolia grandiflora is ideal for being grown against sunny walls or fences.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A bold evergreen magnolia with eye-catching summer flowers, Magnolia grandiflora is ideal for being grown up sunny walls. Large, white, fragrant cup shaped flowers in mid to late summer. Long, glossy dark green leaves.
Magnolia grandiflora is most suitable for position sheltered from cold winter winds in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Magnolia grandiflora requires shelter from cold winds and can have bronzed or slightly scorched leaves after very cold weather when young.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia grandiflora grows to be a small rounded, branching tree in the Midlands, larger in warmer areas.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, Screening/Hedge
You might also like