Dryopteris wallichiana 'Jurassic Gold'
(Alpine Wood Fern) New to us, Dryopteris wallichiana 'Jurassic Gold' is a hardy, medium sized, semi-evergreen fern with vibrant golden-yellow young fronds in Spring.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
New to us, Dryopteris wallichiana 'Jurassic Gold' is a hardy, medium sized, semi-evergreen fern with large, vibrant golden-yellow young fronds in Spring. These ornamental fronds gradually turn light green with a hint of yellow later on in the summer.
Best foliage display if planted in a position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Avoid cold & windy areas.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dryopteris wallichiana 'Jurassic Gold' grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 80 - 100 cm (2½ - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Gold/Yellow