- Sold Out
Magnolia 'Margaret Helen'
An unusual small tree, Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' has masses of beautiful large, clear rose-red flowers in Spring.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
An unusual small tree, Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' has masses of beautiful large, clear rose-red flowers in Spring. A mature specimen of this Magnolia in our gardens is covered with flower in approx mid April each year and is spectacular.
Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' is an excellent choice for reliable spring colour.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: late March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia 'Margaret Helen' grows to be a very small rounded tree in time.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, this Magnolia is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring