Magnolia 'Old Port'
(Magnolia) A large shrub, upright initially becoming more rounded with age which has masses of flowers in spring, wine red on the outside of the petals, pale inside.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A large shrub, upright initially becoming a little more rounded with age which has masses of flowers in spring, wine red on the outside of the petals, pale inside.
Best in a position sheltered from strong wind with sun or light, dappled shade. Avoid planting in a position prone to sitting wet or being waterlogged through the winter.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Dark purple-red.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia 'Old Port' grows to be a medium sized to large shrub once established.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowering in Spring