- Sold Out
Euphorbia amygdaloides 'Purpurea'
(Wood Spurge) Euphorbia amygdaloides 'Purpurea' is an evergreen perennial with upright spikes of lime-green/yellow flowers in spring and early summer that contrast nicely with its dark purple-green leaves.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
This excellent evergreen plant has upright spikes of lime-green/yellow flowers in spring and early summer that contrast nicely with its dark purple-green leaves. It grows well in sun or shade and will tolerate poor soils and difficult conditions (such as those found under mature trees).
When planted in small groups it can be used to create a 'carpet' effect that can be very attractive in a woodland setting
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Euphorbia amygdaloides 'Purpurea' is a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 50 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 45 - 60 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Notes: The sap of Euphorbia can be a skin irritant. Wear gloves when planting or pruning. Do not eat!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring, Foliage - Purple/Red
- On sale!