Magnolia x loebneri 'Leonard Messel'
A superb flowering hybrid, Magnolia x loebneri 'Leonard Messel' has beautiful, fragrant, star-shaped, pale-pink flowers with long petals in early spring, even on relatively young plants.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A superb flowering hybrid, Magnolia x loebneri 'Leonard Messel' has beautiful, fragrant, star-shaped, pale-pink flowers with long petals in early spring, even on relatively young plants. These flowers are very attractive and particularly ornamental against a dark backdrop where they stand out well.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Magnolia x loebneri 'Leonard Messel' grows to be a rounded tall shrub in the short term and eventually a small branching tree with a somewhat rounded crown once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, this Magnolia is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers