Magnolia x 'George Henry Kern'
A deciduous large shrub or eventually small tree, Magnolia x 'George Henry Kern' has deep rose-pink buds which open into very attractive pale pink flowers in spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An eye-catching large shrub or eventually small tree, Magnolia x 'George Henry Kern' has deep rose-pink buds which open into very attractive pale pink flowers in spring. The leaves are oval and dark green.
Magnolia x 'George Henry Kern' grows to be a compact large shrub or eventually a very small tree ideal for smaller gardens. May also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x 'George Henry Kern' eventually grows to be a large, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Magnolia x 'George Henry Kern' is a hybrid between Magnolia stellata and Magnolia liliiflora.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers