(Japanese Shield Fern) A very handsome hardy fern, Dryopteris erythrosora has bright coppery-bronze young fronds which gradually turn to a dark green as they mature later in the year.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A very handsome hardy fern, Dryopteris erythrosora has bright coppery-bronze young fronds which gradually turn to a dark green as they mature later in the year. It is semi-evergreen, dropping some leaves in cold winter weather.
Dryopteris erythrosora is suited to a position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Dryopteris erythrosora grows to be a small to medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: up to 20 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m), Fern - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Foliage - Purple/Red