(Japanese Shield Fern) A very handsome hardy fern, Dryopteris erythrosora has bright coppery-bronze young fronds which gradually turn to a dark green as they mature later in the year.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
A very handsome hardy fern, Dryopteris erythrosora has bright coppery-bronze young fronds which gradually turn to a dark green as they mature later in the year. It is semi-evergreen, dropping some leaves in cold winter weather.
Dryopteris erythrosora is suited to a position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Dryopteris erythrosora grows to be a small to medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: up to 20 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium, Fern - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Evergreen, Foliage - Purple/Red