Berberis thunbergii ' Golden Horizon'
(Barberry) A small, hardy, spreading deciduous shrub with golden-yellow leaves in Spring and summer which turn vibrant shades of orange and purple before falling in autumn. Best foliage colour in a sunny position and can be grown well in a large container.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Berberis thunbergii 'Golden Horizon' is a compact, spreading shrub with very attractive golden-yellow foliage through Spring and Summer. The leaves turn shades of orange and purple before falling in autumn. Establish plants have clusters of yellow flowers in late Spring.
Best display of golden foliage if planted in a sunny position and can be grown in a large container. In shade the leaves will turn more of a lime-green in colour. Low growing and spreading - suitable for gardens of any size.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April-May.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Berberis thunbergii 'Golden Horizon' grows to be a small, spreading shrub.
- Height: 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Gold/Yellow