- Sold Out
Magnolia stellata 'Rosea'
(Star Magnolia) A popular medium sized shrub, Magnolia stellata 'Rosea' has masses of flowers, pale pink while in bud opening to white flowers in April / May.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A popular medium sized shrub, Magnolia stellata 'Rosea' has masses of flowers, pale pink while in bud opening to white flowers in April / May. The slow-growing, densely branching habit makes this Magnolia very suitable for gardens with limited space, or even for being grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia stellata 'Rosea' grows to be a medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: Magnolia stellata 'Rosea' can be grown successfully in a large container for many years if required. Please be aware that despite the name, the flowers are normally white once out rather than pink.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers