A rare climbing plant, Tetrastigma objectum is evergreen with very attractive dark green, glossy leaves which are burnished bronze in Spring when young.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A rare climbing plant, Tetrastigma objectum is evergreen with very attractive dark green, glossy leaves which are burnished bronze in Spring when young. Although the leaves are similar in appearance to some Parthenocissus, we find that Tetrastigma objectum being evergreen does not have autumn colour, however in very cold winter weather a few of the leaves may fall and when they do the odd yellow or red tint may be seen.
In our opinion it is best planted to display its wonderful leaves and it looks very handsome when growing through or trailing over an old tree/shrub/building as it give definite 'in the jungle' feel!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy but Tetrastigma objectum prefers shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Tetrastigma objectum grows to be a medium sized climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Foliage - Unusual Shape, Rare and Unusual