Hedera helix 'Buttercup'
(Golden Ivy) A slow growing evergreen plant, Hedera helix 'Buttercup' has butter-yellow leaves and makes an attractive small climber or ground cover plant.
A slow growing evergreen plant, Hedera helix 'Buttercup' has butter-yellow leaves and makes an attractive small climber or ground cover plant. The leaves are most colourful in full sun and in shade turn lime-green.
Hedera helix 'Buttercup' is slow growing and not for instant gratification. Because of this is does not enjoy competition from closely planted, vigorous shrubs and so a little space in which to develop is normally a good idea.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Hedera helix 'Buttercup' is a small trailing or groundcover ivy.
- Height: under 15 - 30 cm (1/2 ft) or taller if planted as a climber.
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Small (less than 2.5m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Suitable for Containers