(Virginia Creeper) A vigorous climbing plant, Parthenocissus quinquefolia has glossy, dark green summer leaves which turn vivid shades of red and purple before falling in autumn.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A vigorous climbing plant, Parthenocissus quinquefolia has glossy, dark green summer leaves which turn vivid shades of red and purple before falling in autumn.
Parthenocissus quinquefolia is an excellent climber for covering a wall, fence or old tree and the most vivid autumn colours will be seen when planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Parthenocissus quinquefolia grows to be a large self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (16 - 20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (4m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Screening/Hedge