Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Roseum'
(Pink-flowered Climbing Hydrangea) Similar to Schizophragma hydrangeoides, this lovely selection has beautiful rose-pink flowers rather then white.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Similar to Schizophragma hydrangeoides, this lovely selection has beautiful rose-pink flowers rather then white. An unusual, woody climber ideal for many shady situations, including growing up trees and walls facing north or east.
- Position: Partial or reasonably heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Roseum' eventually grows to be a large, self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (12 ft)
- Notes: In cooler, northern parts of the U.K., Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Roseum' will grow in a sunny position. In southern areas with hot summers, they much prefer partial shade. This plant requires protection from slugs.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (4m+), Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Rare and Unusual