(Variegated Kiwi) A beautiful twining climber native to parts of Japan and Northern Chin, Actinidia kolomikta has eye-catching, pink and cream variegated leaves in summer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A beautiful twining climber native to parts of Japan and Northern Chin, Actinidia kolomikta has eye-catching, pink and cream variegated leaves in summer. The superb variegation makes this a very colourful climber when established.
Actinidia kolomikta is a spectacular plant for growing up old trees or against a sunny south or west facing wall.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Actinidia kolomikta requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Actinidia kolomikta grows to be a medium sized climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: As a general rule of thumb the hotter and more sunny the planting position, the better the leaf variegation. Please be aware that some cats can become addicted to chewing the leaves of Actinidia and so if some inexplicable foliage damage is noticed, a little wire netting near the base may be beneficial!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (4m+), Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Variegated