Parthenocissus quinquefolia 'Engelmannii'
(Virginia Creeper) A very eye-catching, deciduous, self clinging climber with dark green summer leaves turning vibrant shades of orange and red before falling in autumn. Best autumn colour in a position with plenty of sun.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A very eye-catching, deciduous, self clinging climber with dark green summer leaves turning vibrant shades of orange and red before falling in autumn.
Parthenocissus quinquefolia 'Engelmannii' is an excellent climber for covering a wall, fence or old tree and the most vivid autumn colours will be seen when planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Parthenocissus quinquefolia 'Engelmannii' grows to be a large self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (16 - 20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large (4m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Screening/Hedge