(Lady's Mantle) A low growing, tough perennial from the Caucasus, Alchemilla mollis is an excellent ground cover plant and useful for difficult situations such as dry shade.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A low growing, tough perennial from the Caucasus, Alchemilla mollis is an excellent ground cover plant and useful for difficult situations such as dry shade. It's fresh looking, matt-green leaves are topped by a frothy mass of tiny yellow-green flowers from midsummer to late August. It will self seed freely and looks most attractive in a woodland border.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Alchemilla mollis is a clump forming perennial which will spread in time to cover a reasonable area..
- Height: 30 - 60 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like