Geranium macrorrhizum 'Ingwersen's Variety'
(Hardy Geranium) A handsome dense, clump forming Geranium with bright green summer leaves and masses of pretty rose-pink flowers from May - July.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome dense, clump forming Geranium with bright green summer leaves and masses of pretty rose-pink flowers from May - July. Named after the Danish/German plantsman Walter Ingwersen
The aromatic green leaves have bright orange and purple autumn tints and several Geranium macrorrhizum 'Ingwersen's Variety' planted together give excellent ground cover, very suitable for a position in sun or partial shade.
We use this plant in the gardens around our nursery as groundcover to suppress weeds and it does an excellent job once established.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Geranium macrorrhizum 'Ingwersen's Variety' is a dense, clump forming perennial.
- Height: 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 100 cm (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers