- Sold Out
Symphytum 'Hidcote Blue'
(Comfrey) Symphytum 'Hidcote Blue' is a tough, reliable flowering ground cover plant with some leaf cover through the winter and clumps of fresh leaves appearing from early spring.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
A tough, reliable flowering ground cover plant with some leaf cover through the winter and clumps of fresh leaves appearing from early spring.
Symphytum 'Hidcote Blue' has clusters of tubular flowers in late spring and a delicate bi-colour effect, with the pretty red buds opening to pale blue flowers. The flowers are popular with bees and other insects.
Later in the year after the flowers have faded, the foliage forms a soft and cool green carpet which is ideal for underplanting. A favourite for difficult spots in our woodland gardens!
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Symphytum 'Hidcote Blue' grows to be a spreading ground cover plant.
- Height: 45 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 45 - 60 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Notes: We plant large numbers of Symphytum here to cover areas of bare ground and reduce the need for weeding. If planting Symphytum 'Hidcote Blue' to cover a large area within a reasonable time frame, we would suggest planting several at 50 - 75 cm (1 - 2 ft) apart
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowering in Summer
- On sale!
- On sale!