Geranium himalayense 'Gravetye'
(Himalayan Cranesbill) Geranium himalayense 'Gravetye' has large violet-blue flowers with red-flushed white centers that are borne in great profusion from early to late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This geranium has large violet-blue flowers with red-flushed white centers that are borne in great profusion from early to late summer. Geranium himalayense 'Gravetye' has finely cut leaves that colour well in the autumn and quite a neat, compact habit.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Geranium himalayense 'Gravetye' grows to be a ground cover perennial.
- Height: up to 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: Once Geranium himalayense 'Gravetye' has flowered, remove the old flower stems and old leaves to encourage the production of new leaves and flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)