Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Maradco'
(Golden-leaved Beauty Bush) New to us, Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Maradco' has been selected for its arching branches covered with soft golden-yellow summer foliage.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us, Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Maradco' has been selected for its arching branches covered with soft golden-yellow summer foliage. The leaves have coppery-bronze to orange autumn colour. Masses of handsome pale pink, tubular flowers in early summer.
Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Maradco' will grow in some shade but always seems to flower best if planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Maradco' will grow well in chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Maradco' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub (can be pruned to shape if required)
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like