Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs. P. Wood'
(Hardy Fuchsia) Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' is a small to medium sized shrub with masses of vivid red and purple flowers in mid to late summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
(Hardy Fuchsia) A popular garden shrub, Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' has deep green leaves and masses of vivid red and purple flowers in mid to late summer. It is slightly similar in appearance to Fuchsia x 'King George', but differs in that it has slightly smaller flowers and grows to be a larger plant.
Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' is an easy to grow flowering shrub!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' may suffer from some die back after exceptionally cold weather.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Red and purple
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Small or medium sized, branching, rounded shrub once established.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Notes: Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' can be pruned back hard, to reduce the end size if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge