Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem'
A lovely slow growing, small shrub with delicate fern-like foliage, Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' has young leaves, tinged with pink which gradually darken to green as they age.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A lovely slow growing, small shrub with delicate fern-like foliage, Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' has young leaves, tinged with pink which gradually darken to green as they age. Pretty, white flower plumes appear in summer on established plants.
A small, eye-catching garden shrub which can be grown well in a large container or pot.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' grows to be a small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Notes: The young leaves will produce their most vivid pink colour when Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' is planted in a very sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers