- On sale!
Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa'
(Contorted Lime) An unusual form of Lime, Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' has a generally upright habit with branches which appear twisted and coiled.
Supplied Size: 3L / 4L containers (approx 40 - 60 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual form of Lime, Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' has a generally upright habit with branches which appear twisted and coiled. The leaves are pale green which turn butter yellow in a good autumn and the peculiar stem growth ensures that this tree is still interesting in winter once the leaves have fallen!
Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' is also eye-catching if grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Most soils, including chalk.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow initially then moderate.
- Habit: Tilia platyphyllos 'Tortuosa' grows to be a medium sized tree, generally with an upright habit when young and a more rounded crown once mature. Can be cut back hard and grown as an ornamental shrub in a container.
- Height: 12 m (40 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like