Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Pendula'
(Weeping Giant Redwood) Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Pendula' is an exceptionally unusual selection of giant redwood with stiffly pendulous side branches and a vigorous upright leader.
Rarely available for sale.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
An exceptionally unusual selection of giant redwood with stiffly pendulous side branches and a vigorous upright leader. It has an even more narrow form then Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Barabit's Requiem' and although growing to be quite tall, its habit can be slightly corkscrewed rather than absolutely vertical.
This adds to its charm and small groups can be grown to give a "cathedral effect" (i.e. walking between pillars), when several are planted 3 to 4 m apart.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Pendula' does not enjoy shallow, chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized weeping tree with a narrow, upright habit.
- Height: Eventually 10+ m (32 ft) in the U.K.
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Pendula' is a much smaller and more slow growing tree then a classic Sequoiadendron. As such it is more suitable for gardens with limited space.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!
- On sale!