Betula albosinensis 'Pink Champagne'
(Chinese Red Birch) A fantastic small to medium sized decideous tree with attractive soft, pale pink bark, peeling in sheets once established which is particularly eye-catching in the winter months.
New to us, Betula albosinensis 'Pink Champagne' is a small to medium sized tree with attractive soft, pale pink bark, peeling in sheets once established which is particularly eye-catching in the winter months. The leaves are pale green, casting light shade and turn shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
An attractive tree, suitable for planting in borders, woodland areas or as a standalone specimen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula albosinensis 'Pink Champagne' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, branching tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft) to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Windy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Rare and Unusual