Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady'
(Flowering Quince) An eye-catching medium sized shrub in Spring, Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' has masses of bright pink flowers in March and April.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An eye-catching shrub in Spring, Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' has masses of bright pink flowers in March and April. These flowers are followed later in the year by small, green fruit. The leaves are dark green, sometimes turning shades of yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
Although it will grow in some shade, Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' flowers best in a warm sunny position and can be trained to grow agains walls or fences.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' grows to be a medium sized shrub with a dense, branching habit.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Honey Fungus Resistant, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
- On sale!