Diervilla sessilifolia 'Butterfly'
(Bush Honeysuckle) New to us, Diervilla sessilifolia 'Butterfly' is a medium sized, thicket-forming shrub with masses of trumpet-shaped flowers in mid to late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Diervilla sessilifolia 'Butterfly' is a medium sized, thicket-forming shrub with masses of trumpet-shaped flowers in mid to late summer. These flowers are yellow initially turning coral pink as they age and very popular with insects, bees and butterflies inparticular. The dark green leaves have a coppery-red tint to them when they emerge in Spring..
A tough and fairly drought resistant flowering shrub, excellent for attracting insects to the garden! Although shade tolerant you will see the best flower display if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Diervilla sessilifolia 'Butterfly' is very tolerant of dry soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow - pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Diervilla sessilifolia 'Butterfly' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
- On sale!