(Joe Pye Weed) New to us, this is a handsome clump forming perennial with finely toothed mid green leaves and vibrant purple-pink flower clusters popular with insects in late summer & early autumn. Smaller and more compact than the similar Eupatorium purpureum.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, this is a handsome clump forming perennial with finely toothed mid green leaves and vibrant purple-pink flower clusters popular with insects in late summer & early autumn.
Eupatorium maculatum 'Phantom' will usually have its best flower display once established in a position with plenty of sunlight.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Habit: Medium sized clump forming, upright perennial.
- Height: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: An excellent, tough, late flowering plant for enticing insects, bees and butterflies into the garden. This plant is later into leaf and will not usually start to grow until approx late April or occasionally early May in cold winters.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowers in Autumn, Suitable for Containers