- On sale!
Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus'
(Double-flowered Bramble) An unusual bramble, Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' is a deciduous shrub with eye-catching double, pink pompom-like flowers in mid summer to late summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An unusual bramble, Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' is a deciduous shrub with eye-catching double, pink pompom-like flowers in mid summer to late summer. The summer leaves are dark green and the stems are dark brown in the winter once the leaves have fallen.
Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' is highly vigorous once established and can spread quickly. Best planted in a container to restrict the roots to some degree if needing to restrict the size.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: pink
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' grows to be a large, spreading, densely branching shrub with arching stems.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) or up to 1.5 m (5 ft) if pruned yearly.
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like