Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner'
(Ornamental Bramble ) A tough, evergreen ground cover plant, Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner' has bold, dark green leaves and white, saucer-shaped flowers in early summer.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A tough, evergreen ground cover plant, Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner' has bold, dark green leaves and white, saucer-shaped flowers in early summer. This is a useful garden plant for growing over banks or large, open areas for ornamental ground cover or to suppress weeds.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any soil but avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Low, dense, spreading ground cover plant with long trailing shoots.
- Height: up to 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: Indefinite
- Notes: Rubus calycinoides 'Betty Ashburner' is a tough garden plant and good in difficult spots.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Honey Fungus Resistant