(Hop Hornbeam) This attractive, ornamental tree is a early-18th century introduction to the UK from the Mediterranean region.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Hop Hornbeam) This attractive, ornamental tree is a early-18th century introduction to the UK from the Mediterranean region. It has veined, lush green, Carpinus-like leaves which can turn butter yellow in a good, crisp autumn.
Once established, it also has small, white, pendent flowers in late spring followed by fascinating large catkins later in the year. A fine tree suitable for most gardens and woodland areas.
Supplied Size: 3L or 4L pots (approx 3 years old, 60 - 80 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, damp or moist soil. (Avoid waterlogged areas)
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ostrya carpinifolia grows to be a medium to large branching tree once established.
- Height: 15 - 20 m (50 - 65 ft)
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Catkins, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like