Spiraea prunifolia 'Plena'
Available Summer 2019
(Bridal Wreath Spirea) A tough and graceful medium sized shrub, Spiraea prunifolia 'Plena' has arching branches covered with masses of double, pure white flowers in April or May (occasionally June after a cold spring).
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A tough and graceful medium sized shrub, Spiraea prunifolia 'Plena' has arching branches covered with masses of double, pure white flowers in April or May (occasionally June after a cold spring). The leaves are bright green in spring and summer, turning shades of golden orange and red in autumn before falling.
Spiraea prunifolia 'Plena' is an easy, reliable garden shrub which is suitable for most soils. Although it will tolerate some shade, it will flower best if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Spiraea prunifolia 'Plena' grows to be a medium sized shrub with arching branches. It can be pruned back if required..
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like