Spiraea nipponica 'Snowmound'
A tough and reliable, medium sized deciduous shrub once established with masses of dainty white flowers covering the branches in late spring and early summer. Best flower display in sun or dappled shade. Can be grown in a large container.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A tough and reliable, medium sized deciduous shrub once established with masses of dainty white flowers covering the branches in late spring and early summer. Dark green leaves in Spring and Summer have yellow and gold autumn tints before falling.
Suitable for planting in groups as a ground cover shrub and can be grown in large containers.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Spiraea nipponica 'Halward's Silver' grows to be a medium sized shrub with arching branches. Can be pruned to size after flowering if required.
- Height: up to 1.8 - 2.5 cm (6 - 8 ft) - or smaller if pruned from time to time.
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge