Leptospermum lanigerum 'Silver Sheen'
(Woolly Tea Tree) An intriguing evergreen plant with dainty silver leaves, Leptospermum lanigerum 'Silver Sheen' is a relative of the Myrtle and is native to Australia.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Woolly Tea Tree) An intriguing evergreen plant with dainty silver leaves, Leptospermum lanigerum 'Silver Sheen' is a relative of the Myrtle and is native to Australia. It has attractive, pale silver-grey leaves and reddish stems, complimented by a profusion of pretty white flowers in mid summer. The year round, silvery foliage makes this an excellent shrub for planting as background colour in a border!
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 30 - 40 cm tall)
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Leptospermum lanigerum 'Silver Sheen' grows best when planted in a position sheltered from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: A specimen of Leptospermum lanigerum 'Silver Sheen', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 2.5 m and a spread of 3 m after 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like