Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg'
(Japanese Maple) Very elegant Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' has rich, glossy-purple, very deeply cut leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Very elegant Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' has rich, glossy-purple, very deeply cut leaves. The leaves are striking in appearance and notably convex in shape, even looking a little claw-like on occasion. In autumn the leaves colour up to shades of bright red and scarlet before falling.
A large branching shrub or eventually small tree which is ideal for a sunny garden position perhaps next to a path or often used area of the garden where the extraordinary leaves can be best appreciated.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or very small tree with an open form and arching branches.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like