Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg'
(Japanese Maple) Very elegant Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' has rich, glossy-purple, very deeply cut leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Very elegant Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' has rich, glossy-purple, very deeply cut leaves. The leaves are striking in appearance and notably convex in shape, even looking a little claw-like on occasion. The leaves are brighter red in Spring, turning darker purple in summer before finally colouing up with shades of bright red and scarlet in autumn before falling.
A large branching shrub or eventually small tree which is ideal for a sunny garden position perhaps next to a path or often used area of the garden where the extraordinary leaves can be best appreciated.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Trompenburg' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or very small tree with an open form and arching branches.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour