Leptospermum scoparium 'Red Damask'
(Tea Tree) An eye-catching evergreen shrub, Leptospermum scoparium 'Red Damask' has masses of large (up to 1 1/2 cm), double, deep cherry-red flowers which cover the branches in summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An eye-catching evergreen shrub, Leptospermum scoparium 'Red Damask' has masses of large (up to 1 1/2 cm), double, deep cherry-red flowers which cover the branches in summer. These colourful flowers stand out well against the small, dark green, narrow leaves. A lovely plant, ideal for warm, sunny gardens!
- Position: Warm in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Leptospermum scoparium 'Red Damask' is hardy to about -5 C and requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - July.
- Flower Colour: Cherry-red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Leptospermum scoparium 'Red Damask' is probably best suited to southern parts of the U.K. In the north as it will require a warm, sheltered position to survive the winters and can die if planted in a poor position or if not given sufficient winter protection. Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a failed Leptospermum scoparium 'Red Damask'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like