Ilex x meserveae 'Blue Princess'
(Holly) Ilex x meserveae 'Blue Princess' is one of our favourite female hollies with glossy blue-green leaves and an abundance of shining red fruits in autumn.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A female cultivar of Ilex x meserveae, with striking purple-green young shoots and glossy blue-green leaves and being female, it also has an abundance of shining red fruits in autumn. These fruit are eye-catching and stand out well against the dark foliage.
Ilex x meserveae 'Blue Princess' is an ornamental fruiting plant suitable for gardens of most sizes. Requires a male pollinator such as Ilex x meserveae 'Blue Prince' planted nearby to produce berries.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium to large, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ilex x meserveae 'Blue Princess' is a female form and requires a nearby male holly to fruit well.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers, Wildlife Friendly - Birds