Osmanthus x burkwoodii
A very ornamental evergreen shrub, Osmanthus x burkwoodii has dark green leaves and clusters of very pretty, sweetly scented flowers in April and May.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A very ornamental evergreen shrub, Osmanthus x burkwoodii has dark green leaves and clusters of very pretty, sweetly scented flowers in April and May. The flowers contrast well against the dark green leaves and this makes an excellent foil when planted at the back of a border with other colourful shrubs or herbaceous plants in front.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April and May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Osmanthus x burkwoodii grows to be a medium sized or eventually large rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Osmanthus x burkwoodii is a hybrid between Osmanthus decorus and Osmanthus delavayi
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Scented
You might also like