Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign'
(Lungwort) Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' is an excellent ground cover perennial with masses of violet-blue flowers in Spring which stand out well against the dark green leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An excellent ground cover perennial Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' has masses of violet-blue flowers in Spring which stand out well against the dark green leaves. Very attractive as part of a border underneath larger plants.
Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' is ideal for a position in partial shade in most soils but this does not usually do well in very wet or waterlogged areas.
- Position: Sun, Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' is a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 45 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Notes: If planting Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' in small groups, leave a space of 30 cm between plants.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring