Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign'
(Lungwort) Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' is an excellent ground cover perennial with masses of violet-blue flowers in Spring which stand out well against the dark green leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An excellent ground cover perennial Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' has masses of violet-blue flowers in Spring which stand out well against the dark green leaves. Very attractive as part of a border underneath larger plants.
Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' is ideal for a position in partial shade in most soils but this does not usually do well in very wet or waterlogged areas.
- Position: Sun, Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign' is a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 30 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: 45 cm (1 1/2 ft)
- Notes: If planting Pulmonaria 'Mawson's Blue' in small groups, leave a space of 30 cm between plants.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun, Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like