(Sword Fern) An attractive evergreen fern, Polystichum munitum is native to North-west America with distinctive, divided, dark green leathery fronds.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
An attractive evergreen fern, Polystichum munitum is native to North-west America with distinctive, divided, dark green leathery fronds.. Fronds are usually reasonably upright initially, arching as they develop.
Polystichum munitum is ideal for a garden position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Polystichum setiferum grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 90 - 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: up to 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Unusual Shape