- On sale!
Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs. P. Wood'
Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' is a small to medium sized shrub with masses of vivid red and purple flowers in mid to late summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Hardy Fuchsia) A popular garden shrub, Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' has deep green leaves and masses of vivid red and purple flowers in mid to late summer. It is slightly similar in appearance to Fuchsia x 'King George', but differs in that it has slightly smaller flowers and grows to be a larger plant.
Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' is an easy to grow flowering shrub!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' may suffer from some die back after exceptionally cold weather.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Red and purple
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Small or medium sized, branching, rounded shrub once established.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Notes: Fuchsia magellanica 'Mrs P Wood' can be pruned back hard, to reduce the end size if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like