Perovskia atriplicifolia 'Crazy Blue'
(Russian Sage) Perovskia atriplicifolia 'Crazy Blue' is a small shrub with an upright habit and deeply cut silvery-grey leaves with spikes of violet-blue flowers in late summer and early autumn.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Perovskia atriplicifolia 'Crazy Blue' is a small shrub with an upright habit and deeply cut silvery-grey leaves with spikes of violet-blue flowers in late summer and early autumn. The flowers are popular with insects including bees and the leaves are pleasantly aromatic if rubbed.
Best flower display if planted in a sunny, well drained position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Perovskia atriplicifolia 'Blue Spire' will tolerate dry, chalky soils and costal sites well.
- Hardiness: Hardy but shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Perovskia atriplicifolia 'Blue Spire' grows to be a small branching shrub with upright flower spikes.
- Height: up to 80 - 100 cm (2½ - 3 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 80 cm (2 ft)
- Pruning: To encourage flowering and keep a good shape, prune Perovskia atriplicifolia 'Crazy Blue' to approx 15 - 25 cm above ground in late April.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Flowers in Autumn, Wildlife Friendly - Bees