(Apple Tree) This is a popular variety that produces heavy crops of pale green/yellow tasty fruit, sweet with a honeyed flavour similar to but slightly more acidic then a Golden Delicious apple.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
This is a popular variety that produces heavy crops of pale green/yellow tasty fruit, sweet with a honeyed flavour similar to but slightly more acidic then a Golden Delicious apple. It grows into a small, compact, neat and attractive garden tree.
Pick mid-season in October. The apples of this cultivar do not store particularly well and should be eaten when fresh.
This variety is self-fertile, but will produce a better crop of apples with another apple cultivar planted nearby for pollination
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Greensleeves' grows to be a very small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit.
- Height: Eventually up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Pruning: Malus 'Greensleeves' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible
You might also like