(Crabapple) An unusual small tree, Malus 'Admiration' has masses of attractive white and pale pink flowers in Spring, followed by small orange-red fruit in late summer and autumn.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual small tree, Malus 'Admiration' has masses of attractive white and pale pink flowers in Spring, followed by small orange-red fruit in late summer and autumn. Malus 'Admiration' is compact and upright when young, spreading a little once established.
Significantly more slow growing than the other Malus listed here and not for instant gratification! It usually takes some years to settle down and start filling out but it is worth the long wait as very attractive once established. Also develops a lovely architectural habit when grown as a multi-stemmed specimen.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White flushed with pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Very slow to slow. Not for instant gratification!
- Habit: Malus 'Admiration' grows to be a very small tree, narrow and upright whilst young.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Admiration' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Narrow, Habit - Architectural