(Weeping Rostrinucula) An unusual shrub native to parts of China, Rostrinucula dependens has an attractive arching habit and once established is covered by masses of pendulous pale pink flowers in late summer.
Supplied Size: 2L / 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 80 - 100 cm tall)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An unusual shrub native to parts of China, Rostrinucula dependens has an attractive arching habit and once established is covered by masses of pendulous pale pink flowers in late summer. The mid-green leaves are Salvia-like in appearance and make an excellent foil for the colourful flowers.
Rostrinucula dependens is an eye-catching flowering shrub which requires a warm, sunny position with shelter from cold winter winds.
- Position: Warm in full sun or dappled shade..
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Rostrinucula dependens should not be planted in areas prone to waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Rostrinucula dependens requires shelter from cold winter winds and can suffer from dieback in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: Late Summer or early Autumn.
- Flower Colour: Pink.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Rostrinucula dependens grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with an arching branches.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft).
- Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will not replace failed Rostrinucula dependens. Best grown by experienced gardeners!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Habit - Weeping, To grow in a pot
You might also like