Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem'
A lovely plant with delicate fern-like foliage, Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' has young leaves, tinged with pink which gradually darken to green as they age.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A lovely plant with delicate fern-like foliage, Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' has young leaves, tinged with pink which gradually darken to green as they age. Pretty, white flower plumes appear in summer on established plants. A small, eye-catching garden shrub which can be grown well in a large container or pot.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' grows to be a small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Notes: The young leaves will produce their most vivid pink colour when Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' is planted in a very sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like