Doodia aspera 'Rough Ruby'
(Prickly Rasp Fern) A handsome, small semi-evergreen fern with dark green, deeply divided fronds which are vibrant shades of orange and red when they emerge in Spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome, small semi-evergreen fern with dark green, deeply divided fronds which are vibrant shades of orange and red when they emerge in Spring.
Frost tender - this fern is most suited to a position in partial or heavy shade with shelter from cold wind. Not suitable for open, exposed areas. Will require protection in very cold winters.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Frost tender - requires overwintering in a greenhouse or similar. If planting outside needs a warm, sheltered position out of the wind.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Doodia aspera 'Rough Ruby'grows to be a small clump forming fern.
- Height: 40 - 50 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Spread: 40 - 50 cm (1 - 2 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Doodia aspera 'Rough Ruby' can be damaged or killed in the winter by cold weather if not adequately protected and if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Fern - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers