Sorbus 'Yunnan Pink'
(Chinese Rowan) New to us and unusual, Sorbus 'Yunnan Pink' is a very handsome small tree with masses of pale berries adorning the branches in late summer and early autumn.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
New to us and unusual, Sorbus 'Yunnan Pink' is a very handsome small tree with masses of pale berries adorning the branches in late summer and early autumn. The leaves are pinnate (feather-like) and sea green in the summer months, turning shades of purple and red before falling in the autumn..
Sorbus 'Yunnan Pink' is a splendid, low maintenance tree which is especially suited to smaller gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus 'Yunnan Pink' grows to be a small branching tree with elegant, arching branches.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like