Acer campestre 'Evenley Red'
(Field Maple) Acer campestre 'Evenley Red' was selected by Tim Whiteley in a Northamptonshire hedgerow and is a lovely new form of our native Field Maple with exceptional, rich-red, autumn colours.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
Selected by Tim Whiteley in a Northamptonshire hedgerow, this lovely new form of our native Field Maple has exceptional, rich-red, autumn colours. A specimen in our arboretum has coloured brilliantly on our heavy clay, neutral soil since it was first planted in 1999.
Acer campestre 'Evenley Red' is a rare, highly ornamental small tree ideal for most gardens or woodland areas. Not instant gratification but very striking once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer campestre 'Evenley Red' grows to be a small tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 4 m (13 ft) after ten years]
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)/ [up to 3 m (10 ft) after ten years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour